Saturday, August 6, 2011

just as rewarding

Not as fun as making panda cupcakes, but certainly as rewarding, we worked on the garage last night. We- as in Caprice and I. In anticipation of a new refrigerator this month (fingers crossed) that I will use for party prep, and for the couple's reception items, we pushed, pulled, yipped (or "ewwwed"), and strained to move things, sweep and organize. This also include at least 30 minutes of untangling cords, hose, and lights.

This morning I will take Emily's books and movies and Caprice's school things to the storage unit. I will retrieve reception items, and I will take some ungodly amount of computer parts and a refrigerator to the recycling center.

It doesn't seem like a garage would be an integral part of a wedding weekend, but it is. We will be orchestrating the greatest step, ball, change over that very lengthy weekend. We have to do this now, so I can drive with Grace back to Nashville (in two weeks), move Caprice back to UD, and plan some way to cook over a weekend when I won't be cooking. Impossible, you say? Ah. Watch the magic and the chaos unfold.

1 comment:

Krista said...

Somehow this seems typical of your life. Hooray for cleaning the garage!!! It must feel good. I'm so excited for clean! Woot!